Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Mindfulness Meditation Module with Josh Summers
The Mindfulness Meditation Module is a comprehensive training in the theory and practice of Mindfulness Meditation and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating meditation into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
This 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Mindfulness Module will include:
- Practice and understand the theory of the core aspects of Mindfulness Training: Steadiness, presence and wisdom.
- Explore “Yin” aspects and approaches to meditation, developing “Yin” qualities of mind and heart: Receptivity, gentleness, compassion, reflection, stillness and silence.
- This Module will be structured around the Buddha’s core teaching on Mindfulness – The Satipatthana Sutta – The Sutta on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. This text provides a treasure trove of material to share with students in a Yin classroom.
- For each category of contemplation (ie. body, mind-states, etc), a variety of ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ forms of meditative tools will be considered and explored.
- Working with the Hindrances (Aversion, Desire, Restlessness, Sleepiness and Doubt): Strategies and antidotes.
- Develop your ability to hold space, effectively use your voice and explore teaching cues that support the experiential learning and the unfolding insight of your students.
- Address approaches to teaching meditation in a secular, non-religious manner.
- How to instruct and guide meditative themes in your teaching.
Josh Summers (E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.) is a Yin Yoga teacher, a licensed acupuncturist, and a meditation instructor. He began studying Iyengar yoga in the early nineties with James Murphy in New York City. Since then, he has spent several years living abroad in India, Taiwan and Burma where he has studied both yoga and meditation. As his interest in vipassana or insight meditation developed so too did his interest in more contemplative forms of yoga practice. With a professional background in Oriental Medicine and a personal passion for the dharma, Josh fell in love with Yin Yoga as a beautiful synthesis of the two.
Josh now teaches workshops and trainings throughout the United States and Europe.
For more information, please visit his website www.joshsummers.net
Josh Summers will teach the Mindfulness Meditation Module
from Thursday, March 31, through Sunday, April 3, 2022
at AIRYOGA, Fabrikstrasse 10 in 8005 Zurich.
Thursday, March 31, 2022 from 8:30am to 11:30am, and from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Friday, April 1, 2022 from 8:30am to 11:30am, and from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Saturday, April 2, 2022 from 8:00am to 10:00am, and from 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Sunday, April 3, 2022 from 8:00am to 10:00am, and from 12:30pm to 5:30pm
Here's how the program works:
1. Register for the live teacher training module by clicking the button below.
The course fee is: CHF 840.-
You will receive:
• 90-days free access to the online preparatory course (see below).
• 4-day live intensive training module
• In-depth 100-page teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundationof the theory and practicecovered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher levelin our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you'll get free 90-day accessto the online course (a $125 value).
• You will need to complete the online course, including a short essay, beforeattending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course is 5-7 hours.
• You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Seeking the Heart of Wisdom by Jack Kornfield and Joseph Goldstein
This Mindfulness Meditation Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program. Students and teachers with previous foundational Yin Yoga experience or training are also welcome to attend this module.
After full completion of this module, students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance.
Josh teaches in English.
The number of participants is limited.
Please note the reservation and cancelation policy for workshops at AIRYOGA.
For further information, please contact email@example.com