Yin Yoga Teacher Training Foundations Module with Josh Summers - FULLY BOOKED
The Yin Yoga Teacher Training Foundations Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga certification program. It is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning the core physical aspects of the practice of Yin Yoga.
This module can be attended as a standalone training – or, for students enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga, to earn 50 hours credit towards their 200-hour and 300-hour certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation.
The Foundations Module will include:
- Core principles of Yin Yoga; how to cue postures and educate students safely
- Practice the core Yin asanas: Backbends, forward bends, lunges, external hip openers, twists, upper body postures
- Explore the difference between Aesthetic Alignment and Functional Alignment; how bone variation affects range of motion and alignment considerations
- Study the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine, pelvis, thigh, knee, and shoulder girdle
- Principles of tension and compression in asana
- Learn five essential Yin sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counter poses
- Investigate the histological structure and function of connective tissue
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue and joint health
Josh Summers (E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.) is a Yin Yoga teacher, a licensed acupuncturist, and a meditation instructor. He began studying Iyengar yoga in the early nineties with James Murphy in New York City. Since then, he has spent several years living abroad in India, Taiwan and Burma where he has studied both yoga and meditation. As his interest in vipassana or insight meditation developed so too did his interest in more contemplative forms of yoga practice. With a professional background in Oriental Medicine and a personal passion for the dharma, Josh fell in love with Yin Yoga as a beautiful synthesis of the two.
Josh now teaches workshops and trainings throughout the United States and Europe.
For more information, please visit his website www.joshsummers.net
Josh Summers will teach this training from Thursday, May 24, through Sunday, May 27, 2018
at AIRYOGA, Fabrikstrasse 10 in 8005 Zurich.
Thursday, May 24, 2018 from 8:30am to 11:45am, and from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Friday, May 25, 2018 from 8:30am to 11:45am, and from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Saturday, May 26, 2018 from 8:00am to 10:00am, and from 2:00pm to 5:30pm
Sunday, May 27, 2018 from 8:00am to 10:30am, and from 1:00pm to 5:30pm
THIS MODULE IS FULLY BOOKED!
The Foundations Module is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Here's how the program works:
1. Register: For this 50hr Training Module, register below.
The fee is CHF 790.-
You will receive:
90-days free access to the online preparatory course (see below).
4-day live intensive training module
In-depth teaching manual
2. Prepare: Online course: The Body Sublime - Functional Elements of Yin Yoga
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you'll receive a link that grants you 90-day free access to the online course (a $125 value).
Please note: You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course is 5-7 hours.
Required text: Bernie Clark’s Your Body, Your Yoga / http://amzn.to/2hydWEe
It's not necessary to read this before the training, but this will serve as your ongoing reference book.
Suggested text: Bernie Clark’s The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga http://amzn.to/2yx4AMn
Here's how to earn credit towards your certification:
Anyone can take this training as a standalone module. But if you'd like to earn credit towards your 200-hour and 300-hour certification with this module, enroll in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Click the following link to start the application process: https://joshsummers.net/school/how-to-apply/
The next module “Traditional Chinese Meridian“ will be offered from September 30, through 23, 2017 at AIRYOGA in Zurich.
Josh teaches in English.