Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module with Josh Summers
The Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a comprehensive training in the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating the profound energetic aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
This 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Traditional Chinese Meridian Module will include:
- Historical overview of Chinese Medicine’s philosophical origins
- Yin and Yang Theory
- Five Element Theory and Seasonal Balance
- Understand the Vital Substances of Chinese Medicine: Qi, Essence, Blood, and Fluids
- Dynamics of Qi, theory and practice
- Functions of the Internal Organs, with both Chinese and Western analysis
- Learn to locate the essential Meridians of Yin Yoga practice, as well as identify and palpate the power acupuncture points on these channels
- Learn the interrelationships of the Yin Organs as they relate to the production, circulation and storage of Qi, Blood, and Essence
- Practice sequences and pranayama to harmonize Qi and Blood circulation
- Develop ways to speak about this curriculum in theory and practice
- Learn to design sophisticated sequences based on Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory beyond simply pairing Yin and Yang Meridians in your sequencing
Josh Summers (E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.) is a Yin Yoga teacher, a licensed acupuncturist, and a meditation instructor. He began studying Iyengar yoga in the early nineties with James Murphy in New York City. Since then, he has spent several years living abroad in India, Taiwan and Burma where he has studied both yoga and meditation. As his interest in vipassana or insight meditation developed so too did his interest in more contemplative forms of yoga practice. With a professional background in Oriental Medicine and a personal passion for the dharma, Josh fell in love with Yin Yoga as a beautiful synthesis of the two.
Josh now teaches workshops and trainings throughout the United States and Europe.
For more information, please visit his website www.joshsummers.net
Josh Summers will teach the Traditional Chinese Meridian Module from Thursday, September 20, through Sunday, September 23, 2018 at AIRYOGA, Fabrikstrasse 10 in 8005 Zurich.
Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 8:30am to 11:45am, and from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Friday, September 21, 2018 from 8:30am to 11:45am, and from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 8:00am to 10:00am, and from 2:00pm to 5:30pm
Sunday, September 23, 2018 from 8:00am to 10:30am, and from 1:00pm to 5:30pm
Here's how the program works:
1. Register for this modulethrough the AIRYOGA website.
The fee is: CHF 790.-
You will receive:
• 90-days free access to the online preparatory course (see below).
• 4-day live intensive training module
• In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practicecovered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you'll receive a link that grants you 90-day free access to the online course (a $125 value).
• You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, beforeattending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course is 5-10 hours.
• You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Wood Becomes Water, Gail Reichstein
The Spark in the Machine, Daniel Keown
The Web That Has No Weaver, Ted Kaptchuk
This Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga200-hour and 300-hour certification program. Students and teachers with previous foundational Yin Yoga experience or training are also welcome to attend this module.
After full completion of this module, students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance.
Josh teaches in English.