35-Hour Insight Body Therapeutics Module with Anya Porter
insight, n. the capacity to gain an accurate and deep understanding of someone or something
body n. the physical structure of a human; the main or central part; a collection; an organized group with a common purpose; a collective
The Insight Body is a unique yoga education that expands upon and clarifies the notion of what it is to teach and practice embodiment. Our program seeks out and shares innovation, intelligence, and integrity in all realms of movement science and yoga, thus planting the seeds of true insight for every participant.
When we step back and survey the whole of our life experience and self, we see a mosaic of capacity and sustainability. Some things remain well and clear while other parts of us might transition toward pain, discomfort, or disease. Any imbalance or discomfort in the body implies a shifting away from center, or home. The practices and applications in this advanced education provide a multitude of pathways to return us to our natural state of balance, that of home.
Mornings will establish and build upon a foundation of practices which provide stimulation of deeper states of awareness and health. A wide variety of methods and techniques will be explored which enliven and awaken potential, as well as guide us toward balance and wholeness.
Afternoons will incorporate an intensive study of hands-on applications, both for personal and professional work with clients and students.
Morning Practices include:
• Asana taught from both functional and structural lenses
• Learning to build a clear map of self through somatic awareness techniques
• Isolated and collective joint health
• Understanding and incorporating the health of our feet into the whole self
• Applying the concept of progressive overload in order to build strength and tissue health
• Breath awareness and nervous system down-regulation
• Readings and discussion, time for silence, deep listening
If you are interested in the 11-hour morning practices only, please click here.
Afternoon Hands-On Applications include:
Observing and understanding physical body imbalances
• Learning to see and feel bony landmarks and create a body map
• Using body maps to understand movement patterns
The comprehension and implementation of a variety of tools to shift toward balance:
• The skillful, creative and succinct use of props (blocks, blankets, bolsters, chairs, belts, etc.)
• Chair and rope-wall set-ups for traction, isolation and support
• Therapeutic and restorative asana applications for a variety of injuries, imbalances and dis-eased conditions
• Specific, clear hands-on self- and partnered-adjustments which inform awareness and capacity
• Intra-abdominal awareness for optimal breath and core mobilization
• Pranayama and kriya techniques and set-ups
Anya Porter has dedicated her life to understanding and exploring movement and embodiment through the human experience, and to assisting others in discovering their own processes and paths to a life well-lived.
Her formal studies began in 1998 in University; pursuing a dual degree in Dance and Plant Biology. Her journey since that time has taken many directions through the art and science of yoga, buddhist studies and movement arts. Compassionate discipline, discernment, awareness, and sacred trust are the foundations of Anya's practice and teachings. In working with students, she aims to create a space for each person to find their own way into these four elements through the various practices of yoga, meditation and embodiment.
For more information please check-out www.anyaporter.com
Anya Porter will offer this Therapeutics Module from April 30, through May 3, 2020 at AIRYOGA, Fabrikstrasse 10 in 8005 Zurich.
Thursday, April 30 2020 from 8:00 am to 11:45 am, and from 1:15 pm to 5:45 pm
Friday, May 1, 2020 from 8:00 am to 11:45 am, and from 1:15 pm to 5:45 pm
Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am, and from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Sunday, May 3, 2020 from 8:00 am to 10:30 am, and from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
This advanced education module is recommended for teachers and health professionals.
Anya teaches in English.
The cost is Fr. 695.- for all 4 days (35 hours total).
The module can only be booked as a whole and includes a manual.
To apply, please share a simple paragraph stating your intention or reason for joining along with any trainings or certifications you may have in yoga, movement or other related fields. Please email to Anya Porter email@example.com
Participation is limited to 25 students.
A recommended reading and preparation list will be shared with participants starting in mid-March.
Please note the reservation and cancelation policy for workshops at AIRYOGA.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org