Yin Yoga Teacher Training - Yang Yoga Module with Terry Cockburn
The Yin Yoga Teacher Training Yang Yoga Module is a core module of the ‘Summers School of Yin Yoga’ certification program. It is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning how to integrate dynamic styles of yoga within the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
This module can be attended as a standalone training - or, for students enrolled in the ‘Summers School of Yin Yoga’, to earn 50 hours credit towards their 200-hour and 300-hour certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation.
The Yang Yoga Module will include:
- Learn and practice themes from Yin Yoga as they apply to Yang Yoga
- Practice and learn Functional Alignment principles in Yang Yoga
- Learn how to communicate Functional Alignment cues for all foundational poses found within traditional Sun Salutations, Standing Postures, and other common Yang postures
- Practice five essential Yang sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments
- Learn how to integrate Yang Yoga within or after a Yin Yoga practice
- Differentiate the common Aesthetic Alignment cues to more specific Functional Alignment cues in Yang Yoga
- Principles of tension and compression in asana
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counterposes
- Investigate, review, and refine understanding of skeletal variation; examining the spine, pelvis, knee, femur and tibia, with application to how variations in all of these areas influence asana in standing poses, arm balances, and backbends of Yang Yoga
Terry Cockburn (E-RYT-500) earned her certification to teach vinyasa yoga through Stephanie Keach of Asheville Yoga Center in Asheville, North Carolina in 2006. Now an E-RYT500, she has spent the last 12 years training extensively with Josh Summers, as well as many other senior teachers in yoga and meditation, including Nikki Costello, Sage Rountree, Paul Grilley, and Linda Modero. A certified running coach (RRCA), and a certified personal trainer (NASM), one of her passions is teaching yoga specifically to athletes.
Terry’s Yang (vinyasa) classes are strong and creative, with an emphasis on functional alignment. Her Yin classes are physically complementary, heavily influenced by insight meditation and Buddhist teachings.
In addition to her role as Lead Trainer at the Summers School of Yin Yoga, Terry is the owner of Freeport Yoga Company in Freeport, Maine, a marathon runner, a mother to two boys (and one yellow dog), and an outdoor adventure-seeker.
To find out more about Terry please also visit www.freeportyogaco.com
Terry Cockburn will offer the Yang Yoga Module from Thursday, November 12, through Sunday, November 15, 2020 at AIRYOGA, Fabrikstrasse 10 in 8005 Zurich.
Thursday, November 12, 2020:
from 8:30 am to 11:45 am, and from 1:30 pm to 5:30pm
Friday, November 13, 2020:
from 8:30 am to 11:45 am, and from 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Saturday, November 14, 2020:
from 8:00 am to 10:00 am, and from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Sunday, November 15, 2020:
from 8:00 am to 10:30 am, and from 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
This module is suitable for those both interested in teaching or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Here's how the program works:
1. Register: For this 50hr Training Module, register below. The fee is CHF 840.-
You will receive:
• Free access to the online preparatory course (see below).
• 4-day live intensive training module
• In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you will get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
• You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hours
• You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up and paying the course fee (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
• Required text: Your Body, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark
• Suggested text: Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
After completion of the module, students will receive a certificate which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance.
Terry teach in English.
The number of participants is limited.
Please note the reservation and cancelation policy for workshops at AIRYOGA.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
What past attendees have said about the this training:
“The opportunity to take the Yang Yoga module has been transformative for me. It is on par with some of the best courses I have taken. The readings, online work, and live training were of the highest quality, and I feel that I have been provided resources and a community that will further facilitate this growth and benefit my clients and co-workers. Many thanks to Terry and Josh for all of your efforts. I have already reserved my spot in the next training!”
C.B. in Ohio (Yang Yoga Student)
“I am grateful for all of the wonderful aspects Terry shared in the integration of Yang with Yin. The cueing, intention, and reasoning behind each action was impeccable. Not only has this module affected my own practice but also my thoughts around how I use language and intention within my classes.”
C.E. in New Hampshire (Yang Yoga Student)
“What a wonderful training experience! Plenty of theory and instruction – and the best part was putting it into practice. LOVE the asana that was taught. Terry is bright and engaging and very knowledgeable! She was able to answer every question put to her during the training. I hope to be able to take more training with Josh Summers and Terry Cockburn in the future.”
M.C.G. in Ohio (Yang Yoga Student)
“I appreciate Terry’s knowledge of movement and anatomy, clearly she enjoys what she does! I enjoyed the many opportunities to share with the other participants during class discussions. Active participation was encouraged and warmly received by Terry and her light-hearted humor was ever present. This training has renewed my interest in learning more, as I see just how much there is that I haven’t explored yet!”
B.M. in New York (Yang Yoga Student)
“I truly enjoyed and benefited from the Yang Module. Terry was clear, non-judgmental, and interesting. She provided useful demonstrations and broke down postures in a way that provided me with a clearer picture of the intent of an overall posture. I was skeptical at the beginning since I am not a fan of Vinyasa but came away with a deeper understanding of the body and movement within different body structures.”
S.R. in New Hampshire (Yang Yoga Student)