Mentorship for Yoga Teachers by Mirjam Haymann
Teaching great yoga is a craft. The step from a 200-hour teacher training to become a skillful teacher takes time, experience, reflection and in an optimal scenario: guidance.
In this 30-hour mentorship program with Mirjam Haymann you will receive Mirjam’s insight on how to navigate the yoga market: where and how she failed and what helped her to succeed. You will benefit from tools to deal with your own inner critic and your demons, so you can show up the way you truly want to and build a steady and confident path of yoga teaching.
Because to take the seat of the teacher can take a toll on us:
- How do we sequence intelligent classes and keep doing so, without just using intuition or what we recently learned in another class?
- How do we deal with rejections, empty classes, or angry-looking students? Or with students that are even walking out of your class?
- How can we teach responsibly when there are various levels in the room?
- Are we allowed to teach Asanas that we cannot practice ourselves? Or how do we teach advanced asana?
- How do we navigate the anarchy of the yoga jungle, social media, competition, and “politics”?
- How shall we touch people when we assist and what assists could possibly be dangerous?
- How can we use our voice to master the room and take ownership of the class?
4 x 1.5-hour group-calls on zoom on Thursday 8:00 pm of January 26, February 9, March 9 and March 16, 2023
- Introspection as opportunity and equal challenge. We will talk about how to deal with inner demons and how to not be afraid of failing anymore.
- Sequencing theory: which is what really makes or breaks good teaching. What side do you want to be on?
- Marketing/ social media/ competition: the jungle of the yoga market. We will talk money too!
- Catering (or not) to the different needs in the room: prenatal, injuries, different levels and how to have true integrity as a yoga teacher
1 x 1 hour one-on-one on Zoom with each participant for Q&A and individual coaching
1 x 1 hour group Q&A on Zoom on Thursday evening of March 30, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Homework: 5 hours of reading, preparing and practice.
You will receive some of Mirjam’s favourite book passages, practice homework and self-development written assignments
Requirements to attend this program:
• A 200-hour yoga teacher training
• The intention to teach
• Curiosity and openness
Mirjam teaches in English.
The cost is CHF 890.-.
The program can only be booked as an entity.
Please apply to Mirjam directly via email to email@example.com
Please describe your ‘yoga career’ and why you intend to participate in this program.
Participation is limited.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org